Newsletter - May 2020
“How We Broke the World” - Greed and globalization set us up for disaster. Thomas L. Friedman, Opinion Columnist writes in New York Times on 30th May, 2020.
If recent weeks have shown us anything, it’s that the world is not just flat. It’s fragile.
This month’s newsletter has the following highlights:
- Dr. Sanjay Banerji in his blog writes about Sustainable Development Goal – 5 (Gender Equality)
- Shri.C.Rangarajan gives the name of the books and digests on Tirtha Yatra - Pilgrimage to Holy Places.
- Shri.Paranthamam and Premkumar, REACH Foundation writes on Archaeology of Rameswaram
- Solid waste management work at Rameswaram by Hand in Hand Inclusive Development Services, Chennai.
- Dr.A.Abirami, Programme Officer of C.P.R. Environmental Educational Center writes about the herbal plant – Datura (Ummathai) and
- Revival and Renovation of Traditional Water bodies – Ramar Teertham by Vivekananda Kendra – NARDEP, Kanyakumari.
With best wishes,Editorial Team
Green Rameswaram Project
Rameswaram - 623526
Ph: 04573 - 222296(office)
Sustainable Development Goal-5
This month we shall discuss the fifth Sustainable Development Goal: Gender Equality.
In this blog, we shall try to explain:
a. What it is and why is this relevant
b. What are its indicators
c. What are the targets
d. Where do we stand in India
e. What can we do to support the goal
Yatra - Pilgrimage to Holy Places
- The Tirthavivacena-kanda of the kalpataru of Lakshmidhara
- The Chaturvarga Cinthamani of Hemadri (1260-1270 CE)
- The Tirthacintamani of Vacaspathi (1450-1480 CE)
- The Tirthasara of Nrusimhapada (1500 CE)
- The Tristhalisethu of Narayanabhatta (1550-1580 CE)
- The Tirthasoukya of Todarananda (1565-1589 CE)
- The Tirthatattva of Raghunandana (1520-1570 CE)
- The Tirthaprakasa by Mitramisra (1610-1640 CE)
இராமேஸ்வரத்தின் தொன்மை – தொல்லியல் அறிமுகம்
Solid Waste Management
Municipal Commissioner’s Visit
During the visits, 36 Green Friends were engaged in street cleaning activity covering all main roads, Agni Theertham, near Amma Mess and Bus Stand.
Herbal Garden (Muligai Vanam)
Distribution and Habitat
Revival and Renovation of Traditional Water Bodies (Teerthas)
Vivekananda Kendra – NARDEP, Kanyakumari