Newsletter - January 2021
She gave a humble reply,
“The ball doesn’t know how old I am”. You need to stop yourself from stopping yourself. Every game in life is actually played on a 6-inch ground – the space between your two ears. We don't live in bungalows, duplexes, or flats. We live in our mind which is an unlimited area. Life is great when things are sorted and uncluttered there. Keeping the mind messy with hatred growing on the table, regrets piling up in the corner, expectations boiling in the kitchen, secrets stuffed under the carpet, and worries littered everywhere ruin this real home.
The key factor to performing well in life and in every arena is the ability to control the quality and quantity of your “internal dialogue”. Performance is potential minus internal interference. Live in peace, not in pieces."
Similar highly inspiring quotes and deeds were of our former President Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam. He too in his famous autobiography, “Wings of Fire” tells us about the immense potentialities every one of us have. Incidentally, Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam inaugurated ‘Green Resilient Rameswaram’ project in the year 2014. Hope, we will realise his dream in the coming years….
This month’s newsletter has the following highlights:
- Dr. Sanjay Banerji in his blog writes about Sustainable Development Goal– 13 (Climate Action)
- Solid waste management work by - Hand in Hand Inclusive Development Services, Chennai.
- Dr.A.Abirami, Programme Officer of C.P.R. Environmental Educational Center writes about the herbal plant – Ashwagandha (Amukkira)
- In the Green health section, Handing over of the Medical Equipments to Ramanathapuram Medical hospital by Gandhigram Trust – (sponsored by NSEF, Mumbai
- Revival and Renovation of Traditional water bodies – Gaja Teerthams by Vivekananda Kendra – Nardep and Rongli competition by Hand in Hand India Inclusive Development Services
- Regular events for building Social capital and finally
- 'Green Rameswaram newsletter’ by the students and for the students of Rameswaram.
Green Rameswaram Project
Rameswaram - 623526
Ph: 04573 - 222296(office)
Sustainable Development Goal - 13
This month we shall discuss the 13th Sustainable Development Goal: Climate Action. In this blog, we shall try to explain:
- What it is and why is this relevant
- What are its indicators and targets
- Where do we stand in India
- What can we do to support the goal
Solid Waste Management
Herbal Garden (Muligai Vanam)
Distribution and Habitat
Handing over the Medical Equipments to Dr.Alli Rani, Dean, Ramanathapuram Medical Hospital
On 22 January 2021 we have handed over the medical equipments procured by Gandhigram Trust, one of our valued Green Rameswaram Partner to Dr.Alli Rani, Dean, Ramanathapuram Medical Hospital.
The following equipments were given for treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- CPAP high flow Oxygen therapy unit – 4 nos.
- Multipara monitors – 4 nos.
- Oxygen cylinders B type – 10 nos. and D type 10 nos.
The quipments were sponsored by National Stock Exchange Foundation, Mumbai. Shri. Vasudeo, Secretary, Green Rameswaram, and Mr.Chandrasegaran, Manager, Gandhigram School WASH project attended the ceremony.
Revival and Renovation of
Traditional Water Bodies
Revival and Renovation work of Gaja Teertham started in the month of December and will be completed in the month of February.
Rangoli Competitions in Mandapam
Green Rameswaram Trust in collaboration with Hand in Hand India Inclusive Development Services organized Rangoli Competition with a theme - “Water Security in Mandapam” on 29th January, 2021. 25 locals participated. Ms.Ilavarasi, Panchayat Union Secretary attended the programme and gave away the prizes to the winners. Shri.Amuthasekaran, Managing Director, Hand in Hand Inclusive Development services also attended the function. In addition, participants conducted a few cultural programmes.
Green Rameswaram Trust
Collector’s Visit to Green Rameswaram Office
On 18 January 2021 District Collector Shri.Dinesh Ponraj Oliver IAS organized a meeting in Green Rameswaram Building to discuss about Developing Rameswaram with the local stakeholders. Officials of the line departments also participated in the meeting. Before the commencement of the meeting , the Dist. Collector went round the building to see the various activities carried out by ‘Green Rameswaram Project’.